26 syyskuuta 2010

Sunday bloody Sunday

Hi!

Guess what day it is today...?
That's right - it's Sunday.

Sunday is the most boring day of the week, because you have to prepare for a new week and you can't stay up late or do anything super exciting. I don't like going to bed early so I really dislike Sundays. I would prefer a longer weekend that would end on Monday, so you could actually do something fun on a Sunday evening.
In case you didn't know, I don't like doing things during the day, I'm more of an evening/night person. I hate having to wake up early in the morning, so I tend to wake up pretty late on weekends. During the week I have to wake up at 6AM or 7AM and that seriously sucks. It always takes me a while to wake up at work, usually when I get to work to 8AM I start working probably around 9AM. The first hour at work is for getting coffee, eating breakfast and talking with my colleague. I've often said that I should get to work at noon and leave around 8PM, those working hours would suit me perfectly. But I guess it doesn't go that way...

Okay so that was a long introduction to this post. The reason I'm posting a new post today is because a) I'm bored and b) I try to keep up this blogging thingy.

I'll start with telling about Thursday, when I went to a freshmen party (I don't know what it's really called in English but you know, fuksiaiset). I had promised to a couple of my Uni friends that I would come and a promise is a promise. I met them at Rotterdam and we sat there for about an hour. I like the place, but it's more of a casual place where you go for one beer after work, not a place where you go and get shitfaced. From there we went to YK, where the afterparty was. I had fun with my friends and it was really nice to see people I hadn't seen in months. Though I must say that the new students seem pretty boring, I quite glad that I'm not a freshman anymore. It's unlikely that I would have anything in common with these new students. But in all fairness I have to say that that's the same thing I thought last year before I met really cool people at Uni. Well anyway, the night was a success. The only negatice thing is that the party was on a Thursday so I couldn't stay the entire night, because I had to go home and get some sleep (You see, I wouldn't have had this kind of problems if my work would start at noon, dammit!). I felt pretty great Friday morning when I woke up at 6AM to go to work ;). I can tell you that my Friday morning started with a Battery Stripped, a cup of coffee and some oatmeal porage that my co-worker brought me from the gym he goes to.

Tum-tum-tum!

Next I'm going to tell you about Friday. Oh yeah, we were all totally shitfaced acting crazy and the night never ended and we partied until Saturday afternoon. NOT! :D
No, really, what happened was that after I got home from work I took a short, 4hour nap. I woke up 9PM when Melli rang that she's ready to pick me up. We went straight a head to a movie rental and rented the action flick, 2012. Hmm...not the greatest movie, but really impressive visually.

Saturday was pretty much the same. Melli picked me up and we drove to Fia to pick her up. Then we rented a couple of movies (again), Stan Helsing and Good luck, Chuck. Just a little advice - NEVER rent these movies, they are the scum and garbage of the entire movie history. Even Clash of the Titans and Catwoman spits on these two. Seriously, considering the budgets both of these movies were made with, they sucked totally, utterly, completely! Well, at least it was fun to hang out with all. I had an interesting discussion with Fia and J that left me thinking of several things.

Today I've just watched some movies I had recorded earlier. I started of by watching Pineapple Express, which wasn't that great. It got better at the end but still a pretty crappy movie. The second movie I watched was Hancock. It was more entertaining than the first one, but definitely not a masterpiece. It started sucking after the first half and the ending was terrible. The third movie I watched was Superbad. Yeah, I didn't like it either. It was just plain stupid.
After these three masterpieces I decided to stop watching movies and start listening to music instead. I've listened a little of everything. Right now I'm listening to Limp Bizkit, but before that I listened to Hurts (you know that band with the songs Wonderful Life and Better than Love). I'm a bit restless today, so I'll probably do something else in a little while. I think I'm gonna watch a couple of episodes of Weeds, which is one of the greatest shows ever.

I changed the music again, now listening to Linkin Park's The Catalyst. It's really starting to grow on me. The greatest thing with Spotify is that you can listen to pretty much everything you want to and easily change the songs. 

Here's a link to how you can get Spotify without invites, like I did. It's really simple and these instructions are really clear. I recommend Spotify to everyone who doesn't have it yet.

Oh and here's some of the lyrics to Pendulum's Watercolour. They might be a bit cheesy but the song is great.


When I'm falling down,
Will you pick me up again?
When I'm too far gone,
Dead in the eyes of my friends,
Will you take me out of here?


Write to you later.
 
-C.

1 kommentti: